Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hi, It’s Megan!

Hi, my name is Megan Crane. I'm 16 years old and I plan to go abroad with AFS to Japan in June 2010. I chose AFS over the other programs because it offers a variety of trips. I'm going on a 6 week summer trip so that it doesn't interfere with school. I really liked being able to stay for 6 weeks instead of other shorter programs.

I picked Japan because I've always been interested in the language and culture. I really like Japanese animation too. I've been studying Japanese with Rosetta Stone. It's cool but I am sure I will learn so much more when I go.

Living with a host family in Japan will give me a real idea of how people live in another country. I hope I will make lots of friends there and be able to stay in touch with them forever. I also want to represent AFS and the United States responsibly, by being a good guest, respectful of the differences between us.

I plan to bring back the knowledge I've learned from my trip and educate people back home. I have talked to my school administration about giving a school assembly next year to show everyone what an awesome experience I had. I hope that by being an AFSer I can encourage other students to become AFSers in the future.

I am also going to talk with my community library about placing a display in the lobby about AFS and my experience. I hope my display will be another way to educate the community about Japanese culture.

Perhaps educating people about AFS will encourage others to get into exchange programs and build better relationships around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment