Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Show Me The Money!

OMG! We just found out how much my trip to Japan is going to cost – sort of. The AFS part is $8,300. That doesn't include my airfare to and from LA or the hotel I'm going to need for one night on each end of the trip. It also doesn't include any spending money – and AFS said that Japan is one of the more costly places. Ouch. Looks like I'm going to need $10,000. YIKES! That's a LOT of Money.

So the key word here is FUNDRAISING! I put posters up in my community offering my awesome babysitting skills at $7/hr for one child. Yeah. That's a lot of babysitting time. My other BIG IDEA is to ask for a small donation to my trip – say $5. And for every $5 donation I've got a Thank You gift that my mom and I designed. It's a bright orange rubber bracelet with my fundraising slogan on the front.

My fund raising slogan is "Increase Peace" because AFS is all about global relations and peace. I wanted people who are kind enough to help me get to Japan to have something that would remind them of AFS and of me! So the front says "Increase Peace" and the back says "Megan Rocks Japan 2010". Do you want one? All you have to do is send me $5 toward my tuition goal and I will mail you a bracelet.

Here's my address:

Megan Crane

838 Charlton Road

Charlton NY 12019

Tell all your friends! And thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment