Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In Case You Were Wondering

When my friend Sophie and I started talking about our big idea to go to Japan for a semester I don't think many people took us seriously. But our moms did. Sophie's mom helped us find several exchange programs to look into. Sophie and I both decided that it would be better to do a summer program so that we didn't fall out of synch with our school work and the dreaded Regents tests. We decided that we both liked the AFS summer program because it is 6 weeks long. Once we had our first chat with our AFS interviewer, Happy, - yeah, that's her real name - it was time to talk to my dad.

My dad still doesn't really get why I'm into this program. He's more into sports. But he didn't say, "No", so that's pretty much, "Yes", in my book. I think getting past my dad was my biggest challenge – or it was until we got the price of the trip. Now my next big challenge is raising the money.

My brothers are excited for me to go, pretty much so that I can bring them some cool stuff from Japan. My sister thinks it's really awesome, but a little scary too.

My mom is probably my biggest fan. She has been helping me get all the forms and the application filled out. She helped me think of fund raising ideas. And she's making sure I work on my Japanese lessons. Woot.

Wish me luck on my lessons and fund raising.

Post at ya later!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment